Tuesday 21 June 2011

Does anyone see me out here?

My whole life, I've felt like I'm on the outside, like there's something going on that I'm never a part of. As time has gone on, I've been pushed further and further to the edge of this reality that everyone is living in, only having moments where I've belonged somewhere. So often these days, I feel like I'm alone in a non-world, and it wouldn't really matter if I never went back to where all the happy faces live. All the people who are part of something.
I'm desperate for one of them to take me by the hand and pull me back.
But I guess that's just how life works. You have to drag yourself through the unknown to get to that shining beacon. Maybe someone will reach their hand out to you to help you on your way. You just have to be careful not to get blinded once you get there.


I do have one connection to the world, my very own shining thing I can see through the shadows that obscure the paths to the reality that everyone else lives in. That is where I want to be. Right there in that warm, glowing light.

Where is my own light? Can I not use that to see through the darkness? Someone, bring me a match. Let me light the sky on fire so I can join the world.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
October Wolfe
Jester of Misfortune.
View my complete profile

Working With...

Love
Gifts
Enigmas

Workshop

Design/costume/etc. blog:

Followers